Why use Simbi in your Classroom?
There are so many benefits to using Simbi with your learners!
- Narrating with Simbi has a global impact: narrated stories are shared with readers in refugee settlements in Uganda and underserved communities in India along with 50,000 other learners across 60 countries.
- By reading with Simbi, students can improve their pace, intonation, self-correcting, comprehension, and overall fluency.
- Reading growth can be tracked, assessments can be cumulated and saved
- Students can earn volunteer hours by narrating stories through the UNHCR
...and this list is by no means exhaustive!
We at Simbi love our educators, and we want you to have everything you need for success. Get in touch if you ever need anything, but here's a list of resources to get you started:
Educator Resource Page includes:
- Curriculum & Core Competency Connections (based on British Columbia Curriculum)
- Simbi Impact Series activity guides
- Pro Narrator Course Videos & Lessons
- Mandela Day Educator Guide
- UN Sustainable Development Goals Lessons + Activities
- French Stories: Lessons + Activities
- Simbi Reading Buddies Guide
- Volunteer Hours: Student Guide
- Blog posts on relevant and helpful community topics
- Printable handouts + posters for your classroom
This slideshow is perfect for sharing Simbi with your colleagues or staff. Check it out for tons of info on Simbi's impact & benefits, and how to set up your class.